Joel Sioson

Cherry Mobile Fusion Storm Pinoy Tablet

Equipped with an old but reliable laptop and my handy-dandy cellular phone, I convinced myself that I won't be needing a smartphone or a tablet to do my everyday tasks. (Is this a sign of aging?)

Last month a client of mine was generous enough to give me a tablet as a yuletide incentive - a Cherry Mobile Fusion Storm.


When my friends saw it, their initial reaction was "Is that an Ipad?" I decided to research more about my new tablet and I found out that aside from the size and white finish of its plastic casing, it's nowhere near a Mini.

Manufacturer’s Specifications
User Experience
Android 4.2 Jellybean
·   Sana Kitkat nalang (for ahm.. bragging rights?)
7.85 inch capacitive touch screen
·   Same size ng Ipad Mini but won’t fit in an ipad leather case (mas makapal)
·   Good resolution
·   Nagsusumigaw ang mga pictures sa Facebook timeline
1.2 Ghz Dual core processor
512 RAM
·   Decent speed (when you’re not in a hurry)
·   Takes almost a minute to power on
·   No freezing (so far)

·   Runs these games smoothly:
Badland, Dead Trigger, Fast Racing 3D, Zombie Tsunami
·   Unable to load:
Asphalt 8 Airborne, Real Racing, Deer Hunter 2014
8Gb internal storage with MicroSD slot (up to 32Gb)
·   Just enough for common apps,ebooks and other files
5 mega pixel main camera
·   Needs good lighting to snap a decent (but still dreamy) image
VGA front camera
·   Parang cheap cellphone camera
3000mAh battery
·   Around 5-8 hours standby (as in, sleep mode)
·   2-3 hours game, ebook reading
·   I tried watching movies but I fall asleep every time
Wifi 802.11 b/g/n
·   (device has no  bluetooth)
Price: P3699
·   Kaya pala pinang-regalo!
·   Good buy (if I’m paying!)

I hear a lot of comments that the dual core processor with a 512Mb RAM is a complete turn off. But having a quad core will also affect battery life. So far, I'm satisfied with this little gadget but for the time being, I think I'll remain a laptop and cellphone guy.

My final verdict for the Cherry Fusion Storm: 3 / 5 stars or not bad. Thanks bossing!